This Is the #1 Healthiest Protein Bar, According to a Celebrity Trainer
Protein bars can be a prime go-to for nutrition on the run, but one look at most ingredients lists might cause you to put that package right back. (How do you even pronounce some of that, right?) That's why we're making it simpler. Here to relieve your protein bar overwhelm is a certified trainer to celebs who also happens to be a registered nurse. She herself wants the most power-packed protein bar, without chemicals, but with solid flavor.
Latoya Julce is a certified personal trainer and instructor at New York City's 305 Fitness. Julce has worked one-on-one with some recognizable names, done fitness coursework with some of the best-known Hollywood celeb trainers, and taught stars like Hannah Bronfman, Amanda Seyfried, and Mary Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen in her classes. Also a registered nurse, Julce's busy schedule requires her to stay energized all day. That's why she's serious about finding the foods that fuel the body, and they have to be seriously healthy, easy grabs on-the-go.
Check out what she says is the healthiest protein bar (actually, she shares two!), and sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter. Also don't miss One Major Effect of Taking Apple Cider Vinegar Supplements, Expert Says.
One secret to finding the best protein bar:
There are so many protein bars, but one tip will help you narrow the field: Julce says a key to help you scout quality protein bars is to look for one "on the low end of the sugar scale," she says. Read One Major Side Effect of Eating Too Much Added Sugar, Says New Study.
With that in mind, here's ONE healthy protein bar…
Why does Julce love ONE Protein Bars? Because the name conveys her point: ONE Protein Bars have only one gram of sugar, the trainer says. (Also, a brief review of the ingredients in ONE Protein Bars suggests what's in there is significantly less daunting than a lot of other protein bar brands.)
Another option is one you may know.
KIND bars have been around for awhile, and their protein bars in particular are one of Julce's faves. That's because they too are relatively low in sugar, as just for example, the Dark Chocolate Nut flavor has eight grams. Meanwhile, they deliver 12 grams of plant protein, with ingredients that are generally easy to understand. Check out Yes, You Can Still Eat KIND Bars and Lose Weight.
And if you can't find the healthiest protein bar…
If none of the protein bars within your reach sound like what you want to go for, Julce says another favorite snack is simply an apple with peanut butter or almond butter. "I grab a spoon, and it's easy to manage," she says. It doesn't get more natural than that, if you know what to look for in your nut butters.
If you're seeking out wise ways to shop for protein products, check out The One Protein Powder You Should Never Buy, Say Experts. Keep reading:
- We Tested 9 Protein Powders, and This One Is the Best
- One Major Side Effect of Eating Too Much Bread, Says Science
- 7 Mistakes You Didn't Realize You're Making With Peanut Butter
- 9 Walmart Buys That Are "Flying Off the Shelves" Right Now
More content from Healthy Eating
- – This Is the Worst Supplement for Your Brain, New Study Says
- – This Eating Habit Can Significantly Improve Your Gut Health, Says New Study
- – This Popular Grocery Item Is Linked to Foodborne Illness, Says New Study
- – 4 Meat Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The #1 Best Supplement for Preventing and Treating Arthritis, New Study Suggests
- – The #1 Worst Milk That Makes Your Brain Age Faster, Says New Study
- – The #1 Eating Habit to Reduce the Effects of Stress as You Age, New Research Finds
- – Eating These Foods Regularly May Help Prevent Dementia, New Study Finds