Popeyes Just Released a New Chicken Sandwich
New fast-food chicken sandwiches are released almost every week. Recently we've seen creations like Hardee's Hand-Breaded Chicken Sandwich, which is apparently better than anyone might have expected, and Taco Bell's returning Naked Chicken Chalupa. Burger King has belatedly entered the fray, but also seems to have exceeded expectations with its Ch'King, whose spicy version, some say, is better than McDonald's or Chick-fil-A's.
But it's a much rarer occasion that arguably the biggest name in the chicken sandwich game puts out a new item in the category—and that's exactly the case this week! A new chicken sandwich has just been spotted at Popeyes, and it's a lighter version of their popular classic, perfect for the summer.
This isn't a classic Chicken Sandwich Wars entrant because of one crucial difference—the chicken isn't breaded. Instead, the new Blackened Chicken Sandwich is a riff on the chain's popular Naked Tenders, which are a recurring limited-time offer on their menu.
The sandwich comes with a non-breaded white meat chicken filet, which has been rubbed in a proprietary blend of blackened seasoning and fried. Just like their classic chicken sandwich, this slightly healthier version comes on a toasted brioche bun with two barrel-cured pickles and mayo. Besides this Classic, the sandwich also comes in a Spicy version, where the mayo is swapped for Spicy Mayo.
According to Chewboom and Popeye's online menu, the sandwich is already available, but only at select locations and for a limited time.
For more on Popeyes, check out:
- The Best & Worst Menu Items at Popeyes, According to an RD
- Popeyes Just Brought Back Two More Beloved Fan-Favorites
- 6 Secret Popeyes Menu Items You Have to Try at Least Once
And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest restaurant news delivered straight to your inbox.
More content from Restaurants
- – 4 New Menu Additions You'll Find at Burger King
- – 5 Steakhouse Chains Falling Out of Favor With Customers
- – 8 Fast-Food Items With Ridiculous Amounts of Fat
- – 8 Bizarre Rules Taco Bell Employees Have to Follow
- – Two Popular Burger Chains Are Now Serving This New Meaty Menu
- – Chick-fil-A Just Added a New Sweet Treat To the Menu
- – Burger King Just Launched Three Major New Sandwiches
- – We Tried 7 Fast-Food Fries & These Are the Best!