There's Another Shortage of Sparkling Water Across the U.S.
Out of all the shortages grocery shoppers have dealt with in the last two years—like meat, toilet paper, cleaning supplies, pumpkin puree, pasta, baby formula, and more—only a few have come up again and again. Unfortunately, for those in one of the largest states in the U.S., stock of one type of sparkling water has gone missing once more.
Glass bottles have been hard to find for many manufacturers, including winemakers, and even Coca-Cola. The company owns the Topo Chico brand and admits that there are "tight supply challenges" in Texas right now thanks to a time cap on water usage in the town of Monterrey in Mexico where the seltzer water is sourced and bottled, according to Market Realist. Right now the area is experiencing extreme temperatures, a lack of rain, and a devastating drought.
Although reports are signaling in on Texas, some social media chatter is hinting that it might be more widespread than initially thought. One Twitter user says they can't find a bottle in Kansas City, while another says it is missing in Chicago and another echoes this but for Denver.
One Reddit Topo Chico fan says they "found a hidden stash and scooped them" in mid-July before it was too late.
Coca-Cola says it would appreciate consumers' patience as it works to get the beloved seltzer water back on shelves.
No information about any other seltzer shortages is known, so until Monterrey's industrial industry gets back up and running. In the meantime, shoppers in Texas and other regions of the country may have to select another brand to quench their thirst—or another type of fizzy H2O. Luckily we've compiled a list of the real difference between seltzer, club soda, and sparkling water so you can pick which one is best for you.
More content from Groceries
- – The Best Yogurt To Lower Your Cholesterol, Dietitians Say
- – This Beloved Grocery Chain Is Cutting the Prices Of More Than 100 Items
- – Butter Boards Are Everywhere, But a Major Ingredient Shortage May Soon Dampen the Trend
- – 9 Secrets You Never Knew About Hershey's
- – 6 Store-Bought Salsas With The Highest Quality Ingredients
- – 5 Truths About the Meat Industry That Will Make You Lose Your Appetite
- – 5 Pre-Packaged Meats To Stay Away From Right Now
- – 10 Ice Cream Brands That Use the Lowest Quality Ingredients