The Hangover Cure You Need to Try This Weekend
There's hope on the horizon, but the researchers behind a new booze-fueled study suggest folk cures got something crucial wrong — the timing. The secret to waking up without a pounding head, they say, is Asian pear juice consumed before the partying begins.
Participants who knocked back just under 1 cup of Asian (or Korean) pear juice before their beers experienced lessened hangover symptoms the next day compared to a control group, a recent study conducted by the Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organization (CISRO) found. The juice showed the most promise in easing the overall severity of hangovers and improving day-after concentration, a big perk for college students who put off writing papers to make it to a party.
More studies need to be done to find out if other varieties of pears show the same effects, and whether eating a pear whole can spare you the same amount of pain. For now, don't risk the retribution; plan ahead and find the real thing. After all, it's all fun and games until someone wakes up with a hangover worthy of the movie.
More content from Healthy Eating
- – Surprising Side Effects of Taking Vitamin D Supplements After 50
- – Secret Side Effects of Eating Peanut Butter, Says Science
- – 8 Eating Habits People with Healthy Cholesterol Swear By
- – The Worst Breakfast Habit Causing Your Muscle Loss, Says Study
- – 5 Eating Habits to Avoid to Live Like the World's Oldest People
- – Secret Side Effects of Eating Cucumbers, Says Science
- – Surprising Side Effects of Eating Bananas, According to Science
- – The Best & Worst Cuts of Steak—Ranked by Nutritional Benefits!