Banza, Your Favorite Chickpea Pasta, Now Comes in New Flavors
If you grew up in America, it's likely you noshed on mac and cheese pretty often as a kid and fell in love with the boxed variety. And now, as a mature, health-aware adult, it would be a dream to not give up on those feelings, nor feel guilty while digging into a cheesy bowl. Banza, the beloved protein-packed chickpea pasta maker, just added two new flavors to their line of mac and cheese, and we guarantee you'll want to try them both.
The brand has officially added Shells & White Cheddar and Cacio e Pepe to its lineup of boxed pastas.
It's clear both of these flavors sound crazy delicious right off the bat, but are they actually worth whipping up if you're on a health grind? We asked Leah Kaufman, MS, RD, CDE, CDN to weigh in. "Although I do not recommend my patients have packaged foods often, this is one I'd say is a healthier alternative to a popular food," she says. "With very little ingredients and a low saturated fat count, I would recommend my patients use Banza when craving mac and cheese."
Of the two, the Cacio e Pepe, sounds like a no-brainer. What else allows you to be that fancy from a box? In terms of its nutritional makeup, Banza's Cacio e Pepe is also 100 calories less than White Cheddar once prepared, so keep that in mind when choosing what to make.
With so many people breaking up with gluten these days, we're always looking for pasta alternatives that'll still let you feel like you're carbo-loading without the wheat. So long as you keep your salt intake in check the day you make this remake of your beloved childhood meal, you can go ahead and indulge.
More content from Groceries
- – This Beloved Grocery Macaroni and Cheese Mix Is Changing Its Name and Packaging
- – 4 Best Frozen Desserts for Weight Loss, Says Dietitian
- – 15 Discontinued Premium Ice Cream Flavors You'll Never See Again
- – 14 Discontinued Iconic Snacks That Came Back After Popular Demand
- – Trader Joe's Is Adding These 6 New Summer Items Soon
- – I Tasted 7 Microwavable Oatmeals, and This Was My Favorite
- – I Tried 6 Fruit Snacks, and This Was My Favorite
- – We Tried 10 Breakfast Sausages & This Is the Best