America's Largest Sandwich Chain Is Adding Three New Items to the Menu
The latest in a series of menu updates, this refresh revolves around new-and-improved Italian ingredients. The restaurant is rolling out a new capicola, an Italian pork cold cut that joins several other Italian-inspired ingredients like the award-winning artisan mozzarella, parmesan vinaigrette, and the Italian Herbs & Cheese bread. For fans of build-it-yourself sandwiches at Subway, these four ingredients provide ample opportunity to create an Italian-inspired sub.
For more fast-food news, check out 8 Worst Fast-Food Burgers to Stay Away From Right Now.
However, if you prefer to have the pieces put together for you, Subway is all over that as well. With the new ingredients come three new pre-designed sandwiches.
The Mozza Meat is a combination of capicola, black forest ham, mozzarella, spinach, tomatoes, red onions, and banana peppers on Artisan Italian Bread, drizzled with the new parmesan vinaigrette. The Supreme Meats, meanwhile, consists of pepperoni, salami, capicola, black forest ham, provolone cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions, and banana peppers, also served on the Artisan Italian bread with a parmesan vinaigrette drizzle. You'll see both of these options on the standard Subway menu starting this week.
The third new sandwich is available through The Vault, Subway's exclusive menu only available on its mobile app and Subway.com. It's called the Benissimo, and is a product of the brand's collaboration with football player and "proud Italian" Jimmy Garoppolo. He designed the sub to have pepperoni, rotisserie-style chicken, provolone, spinach, tomatoes, and peppercorn ranch on Italian Herbs & Cheese bread.
"Our new classic Italian subs were created by our culinary experts with Italian-style meats and toppings to bring more craveable, signature sandwiches to our fans, and Jimmy Garoppolo was the ideal person to add to our star roster and share the excitement of our new Italian collection," said Carrie Walsh, the Global Chief Marketing Officer of Subway, in a press release announcing the menu updates.
More content from Restaurants
- – McDonald's Is Making Major Internal Changes That Will Impact the Way It Operates
- – These Popular Restaurant Chains Plan On Keeping Prices Competitive, CEO Says
- – 6 Pizza Chains With the Most Food Quality Complaints
- – 4 Just-Launched Taco Bell Items You Can Try Right Now
- – Taco Bell Is Testing This Crazy New Snack Food Hybrid
- – 5 Truths About the Fast-Food Industry That Will Make You Lose Your Appetite
- – McDonald's Latest Drive-Thru Innovation Could Soon Be Added to More Locations
- – 5 Fast-Food Chains Most Criticized By Customers