This Regional Grocery Store Is Closing Another Location
A regional grocery store chain owned by Albertsons is about to shutter another location in New Jersey. It's one of several supermarket brands that have closed dozens of stores over the past 12 months.
The Bound Brook Road location in Middlesex will shut its doors for good on Feb. 3, according to NJ Advance Media. A store employee confirmed the closure to the outlet, but they didn't provide a reason for the decision.
This marks the second store closure in the the Garden State in the past seven months. A location in Morris Plains permanently closed last summer after 40 years in business. "ACME has been notified that our landlord is looking to go into another direction," a spokesperson told The Morristown Green at the time.
The same spokesperson confirmed the Middlesex closure to Eat This, Not That! in a statement:
"Closing a store is always a tough decision, but we are focused on growing our business and reinvesting those resources into our existing stores along with aggressively exploring new sites. We look forward to continuing to provide our customers with clean, fresh, full, and friendly shopping experiences. Associates who are interested in remaining with the company will have the opportunity to transfer to open positions at nearby stores."
While ACME has recently shut down locations, other supermarket chains are opening up new stores—here's a list of four chains that are expanding right now.
For more on what's happening at your neighborhood supermarket, check out:
- The 7 Best Grocery Products of the Year, According to Eat This, Not That!
- 3 Reasons Your Grocery Store's Shelves May Look Empty Right Now
- 3+ Major Grocery Chains Changing Their COVID-19 Policies
- 4 Highly-Anticipated Grocery Items Launching Soon
To get all of the latest news delivered straight to your email inbox every day, don't forget to sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – The 7 Craziest Food Lawsuits of 2022, From Velveeta to Pop-Tarts
- – Reminder: You're Buying Things at Costco That You Don't Need
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza
- – Costco Just Brought Back Its Wagyu Beef—and Shoppers Have Mixed Feelings