This Is The #1 Underrated Tip for Weight Loss, According to Meghan Markle's Trainer
If you've tried to lose weight through fasting, cutting carbs, or going hard on cardio… it may be time to try something way simpler. A U.K. source is sharing a slick fitness tip from one of Meghan Markle's trainers, who's come forward with major weight loss wisdom: If you're trying to look slimmer, there's one best-kept secret among some pros that's reportedly shown to deliver major physiological results.
This week, Hello! has reported that back in 2018, Meghan Markle's former trainer, Craig McNamee, revealed that when Meghan was acting on TV, he and the royal took "a full-body approach" to her workouts. McNamee added that "since Meghan was on screen, we really focused on posture," which included lots of core work, as well as exercises focused on the body's posterior side—like the back, glutes, and hamstrings.
Eleanor Burt, a sports massage therapist with certification in postural alignment, told Hello! that focusing on posture can indeed be a weight loss game-changer. "[…G]ood posture helps with weight loss is because it aids the efficiency of practically all of the systems within the body," Burt explained. "The body works as a unit, so your musculoskeletal system's function (or lack thereof) will impact how well you can think, breathe, shift lymph, digest food and expel waste."
She went on to explain that "If you are stuck in a heavily flexed posture (a.k.a. a slumped, sitting position) without the muscular function to pull yourself out of it when you stand up, you will find that excess pressure on the internal organs will impact digestion, breathing patterns, and your general vitality."
Other celebs have been speaking out to say appearance isn't just about weight loss, but overall wellness. Read Adele Finally Reveals Her 4 Weight Loss Secrets for Shedding 100 Pounds.
Get regular weight loss insights when you sign up for our newsletter, and check out:
- The #1 Best Fasting Schedule for Quicker Weight Loss, New Study Suggests
- The #1 Worst Weight Loss Mistake You Can Make, Psychology Expert Says
- The Final Verdict on Adding Lemon Juice to Your Coffee for Weight Loss, Says Dietitian
More content from Weight Loss
- – 10 Ways You're Wrecking Your Belly Fat Loss Goals, Say Dietitians
- – The #1 Diet to Lose Weight and Keep It Off, Says New Study
- – Best Eating Habits from 7 People Who Successfully Lost Belly Fat
- – 19 Weight Loss Foods That Really Work, Say Experts
- – 6 Ways Eating Quinoa Helps You Lose Weight, Say Dietitians
- – 5 Best Dessert Habits to Lose Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – This Popular Diet Doesn't Actually Work, Says New Study
- – The Verdict on Drinking Smoothies for Weight Loss, Say Experts