Costco Is Discontinuing These 24 Items
We all fondly remember the iconic and popular foods from Costco's past like the Cinnamon Rolls and Italian Garlic Loaves from the bakery or the Combo Pizza and Polish Dogs from the food court. The items on this list are gone but not forgotten, and it's unfortunately about to grow.
While devastating, Costco does make it easy to spot which warehouse goods are being discontinued. Simply peek at the product's price tag—if there's a small star on the upper right-hand corner (the so-called "death star") and a price ending in $0.97, that means members won't be able to stock up again once the current supply runs out.
Here's a list of the items that will soon disappear from stores (if they haven't already!). And before your next trip to the warehouse, don't forget to read up on the 18 Foods You'll Regret Buying in Bulk at Costco.
Editor's note: An earlier version of this story stated that the Harmless Harvest Coconut Water was being discontinued, but that is false. There were stock issues because of the pandemic, but it is not being taken off the shelf permanently.
Kevin's Natural Foods Thai Curry Cauliflower
Costco has carried several products by Kevin's Natural Foods, but the Thai Curry Cauliflower was recently spotted with the death star, according to a post from Instagrammer @costco_doesitagain. The keto- and paleo-friendly prepared entrées come in 32-ounce packages, which only take five minutes to heat up. Priced at $4.97, these easy meals are a great deal . . . if you can still get your hands on one. Good news: Instagram user @the.keto.pescatarian spotted packages on warehouse shelves during a recent shopping trip.
Related: To get all of the latest Costco news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
Various Hawaiian coffee, snack, and dessert products
Why did Costco have two types of Hawaiian coffee, as well as snacks and desserts, on sale at the beginning of September? They're being discontinued.
Thankfully, Instagrammer @costco.love rounded up a list of all of the impacted items:
- Kauai Coffee Company Whole Bean Medium Roast coffee
- Royal Kona Vanilla Macadamia Nut Coffee Blend
- Island Princess Macadamia Crunch
- MacFarms Salted Caramel Macadamias
- Island Princess Mele Macs (toffee-covered macadamia nuts)
- Hamakua Macadamia Nut Company Kona Coffee Macadamia Nut Brittle
- Hawaiian Hurricane Microwave Popcorn
These products join seven other treats on their way out of the door:
- Unreal Dark Chocolate Coconut Coconut Mini Bars
- Bark Thins Dark Chocolate Almond
- Bark Thins Dark Chocolate Clusters
- Brookside Strawberry and Passion Fruit
- Skinny Dipped Milk Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
- Tea Drops Organic Variety Pack
- Kirkland Signature Funhouse Treats
Home and Kitchen Goods
Groceries aren't the only products at Costco that have been marked with the death star in recent weeks. Reddit user and Costco member @kartheek710 posted pictures of several home and kitchen products that they recently spotted on the chopping block in Davenport, Iowa.
The list of items with the asterisk or prices ending in $0.97 includes:
- Champion Catalyst Backpack
- Bellevue Luxury Soy Blend Candles
- Taylor Digital Glass Scale
- Conair Infiniti Pro Hair Dryer
- Anchor Hooking 1-Quart Canning Jars
- Oxo Softworks Salad Spinner
- Oxo Softworks On-The-Go Food Storage Container Set
There's no guarantee that these products are still available at other warehouses, so you'll have to visit the one in your neck of the woods to survey the current stock.
It hasn't necessarily been easy to find diapers at Costco warehouses as of late. During a Member's Only Savings event earlier this summer, boxes of nearly 200 Kirkland Signature Diapers were added to a list of products with purchase limits.
More recently, a Costco member in the Washington metropolitan area posted to the public Facebook group Costco DMV that they had spotted the death star on boxes of Pampers diapers, as well as a price tag of $41.97. The post went up on Aug. 14, and a search of Costco's website turned up no Pampers Diapers available for purchase online.
30-Piece Candy Variety Pack
Load up before Halloween ASAP because this 30-piece box of Twizzlers, Airheads, Sweetarts, and Haribo Goldbears has the death star on the price tag, according to an Instagram post from @costcoguide. It's currently $20.99—making each bag of candy inside less than $1 each.
For more information about what's happening at your local warehouse, check out:
- Healthier Costco Bakery Swaps to Make At Home
- Costco is Already Selling This Insanely Popular Holiday Treat
- Costco Changed the Recipe For This Beloved Bakery Item, Customers Say
- This Grocery Chain Is Looking More Like Costco Thanks to Some Major Changes