Costco Just Unveiled a Brand New Mini Bakery Item
As Costco members know, the bakery section of the warehouse constantly debuts and reintroduces new and old cakes, cookies, muffins, and other treats in various flavors and sizes. Right now—just in time for a new month and a new season—reports are saying there's a fresh option to pick up.
The newest addition to the Costco bakery is what can be described as a summer staple dessert—Raspberry Mini Cakes with Buttercream Icing. These are made with a soft vanilla cake with raspberry jelly filling on the inside and topped with fruity buttercream and white chocolate shavings. A pack of six is sold for just under $9.
One Costco member on Reddit says in a post that the new bakery item does not have a lemon flavor, but "they are still excellent." Most members are excited to try them, according to the comments on the Reddit sighting that was posted on June 5.
Prior to the release of the Raspberry Mini Cakes with Buttercream Icing, Costco recently brought back the fan-favorite Snickerdoodle Mini Cakes, which are still currently on shelves. The treat features a cinnamon cream cheese frosting on top of a sweet cinnamon cake. Like the brand new mini bakery item, they are sold in a pack of six cakes for $8.99. For members with a chocolate craving, the bakery section also has introduced Mini All American Chocolate Cakes from time to time in the last two years.
While the mini cakes are smaller versions of the regular cakes at Costco, they weigh over 44 ounces, which divides into about 7 ounces per cake—making each mini cake slightly less than half a pound. This should come as no surprise to Costco shoppers who know that everything is always bigger at the warehouse!
Fans of these popular grocery products should stock up because Trader Joe's Is Discontinuing These 4 Items.
More content from Groceries
- – Costco's Sushi Is "Not Great," According to Customers
- – Your Costco Membership Is About to Get More Expensive
- – Lidl Is Recalling Its Popular Advent Calendars Due To Salmonella
- – America's Favorite Grocery Store Is… 7-Eleven?
- – Suddenly, You Can't Get A Mobile Phone at Costco Anymore—Here's Why
- – Is Costco Doing Away With Live Christmas Trees?
- – Kraft Heinz Recalls Nearly 2,400 Pounds of Oscar Mayer Meat
- – American Costco Shoppers Are Jealous of the Canadian Food Court—Here's Why