Costco Just Dropped This Brand-New Bakery Item
'Tis the season for cinnamon, spice, and everything nice… and Costco is on their game. News broke Sunday morning of a fresh new item in the Costco bakery. If you enjoy Costco cakes, you'll want in on this timely treat.
Before you dive in, sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter to get grocery trends delivered to you daily. Also, check out Costco Officially Has Brought Back These 4 Food Court Items.
The Costco Bakery Is Now Selling Snickerdoodle Mini Cakes
Thanks to a Sunday morning Reddit share from u/ThisBestBeGood (who appears to be a Costco member from the Midwest), we've learned that the Costco bakery is now selling snickerdoodle cupcakes at some warehouse locations.
For fans of Costco cupcakes—with chocolate the arguable fan favorite—the new snickerdoodle cupcakes could be cause for a quick Costco trip.
A Costco Bakery First?
Based on our brief research around the Internet, it appears that the snickerdoodle cupcakes may be a true debut for the warehouse chain.
However, some sources seem to suggest Costco has sold a non-iced version in the past, which some customers knew as "snickerdoodle muffins."
(Hit with a sudden snickerdoodle urge? Try our recipe for Perfect Pillowy Snickerdoodle Cookies.)
What We Know About the Snickerdoodle Cupcakes
From the image u/ThisBestBeGood shared Sunday morning, here are some of the facts about this new Costco sweet: A six-pack sells for $7.99 and (hold onto your cart) weighs 44 ounces.
A quick calculation tells us this means each snickerdoodle cupcake weighs over seven ounces… or just less than half a pound.
Nutrition Insights About This Treat
Though the nutrition information for Costco bakery items is rarely included on the package, what we can tell from the list of ingredients is that there's a lot of stuff in this new cupcake.
Perhaps an unsurprising heads-up: Not all the contents in this dessert sound like they came straight from the earth; there appear to be some synthetic things in here… so, may we suggest: Small doses, and indulge only on occasion.
(Also, we're your source for Costco bakery nutrition facts.)
More Costco Bakery News
Lately, there have been lots of updates coming out of the oven at the Costco bakery. Get caught up:
- Costco Members Say This Hack Transforms Its Popular Bakery Item
- Costco Just Brought Back These 4 Beloved Bakery Items
- The Worst Costco Bakery Items to Buy This Fall
- Healthier Costco Bakery Swaps to Make At Home
Plus, More Breaking Food News…
- Costco Officially Has Brought Back These 4 Food Court Items
- Shoppers Are Delighted Over 7 Costco Items They "Didn't Know" Existed
- Costco Members Say These Are The Best Frozen Meals at the Warehouse
- The #1 Fall Food for Weight Loss, Dietitian Says
- This Popular Coffee Chain Is Currently Outperforming Starbucks and Dunkin'
More content from Groceries
- – Trader Joe's Shoppers Are Reporting an Abundance of Holiday Items
- – The 7 Craziest Food Lawsuits of 2022, From Velveeta to Pop-Tarts
- – Reminder: You're Buying Things at Costco That You Don't Need
- – Trader Joe's Ranks Highest for "Brand Intimacy," New Study Says—But What is That?
- – Enoki Mushroom Is the Most Recalled Food Of the Year
- – 34 Items Costco Is Discontinuing This Winter
- – 4 Biggest Complaints Costco Customers Are Voicing Right Now
- – Costco Shoppers Are Going Crazy for This Frozen Pizza