This New Tea Line May Help Boost Your Immune System, Company Says
When you think "antioxidants," some foods just automatically come to mind: berries, green tea, and chocolate are a few of the most adored no-brainers. Pomegranate is known to be another powerful fruit that's flush with antioxidants, which is one reason fans are hyped about POM Wonderful's two new drink releases.
POM Wonderful, the largest grower and producer of fresh pomegranates and pomegranate juice in the U.S., has announced the addition of two super teas as part of the Super Teas products it established in 2014. Pomegranate Elderberry Boost Tea combines "the antioxidant power of pomegranate and elderberry with a boost of black tea," according to Perishable News, while Pomegranate Orange Blossom White Tea "is a delightfully harmonious combination of crisp white tea, the antioxidant goodness of pomegranates, and the fragrant flavor of orange blossom."
These two new POM Wonderful teas join the brand's Pomegranate Peach Passion White Tea, Pomegranate Honey Green Tea, and Pomegranate Lemonade Tea.
POM Wonderful's SVP of marketing stated that their last six-month sales are 25% higher than they've been at the same calendar period in years past. Adding these two new flavors bearing "the antioxidant goodness customers have come to know and love" from the brand are a response to consumer demand, he says. "Now more than ever, consumers are looking to incorporate more antioxidants in their daily routines. POM Teas are an easy and delicious way to do just that." (And we thought pomegranate juice just made really good mimosas…)
Yet another reason to love these new POM Wonderful Super Teas is that our research tells us they're significantly lower sugar than POM Wonderful Pomegranate Juice, with 17 grams of sugar compared to the classic juice's 39, and half the calories (80 versus 160).
If you love the power-packed benefits of red fruits, check out the one item that we just reported you should always have in your freezer. For the biggest grocery and nutrition news in your inbox each day, sign up for the Eat This, Not That! newsletter.
More content from Groceries
- – 8 Ice Cream Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – Trader Joe's Is Releasing Its Fall Items Soon—Here's How You Can Get Paid $1,000 To Try Them
- – This Massive Drink Recall Was Just Expanded to Include Almost 90 Beverages
- – 8 Chocolate Brands That Use the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – A Tomato Shortage Could Make Pizza, Sauce, and Salsa More Expensive
- – America's Largest Grocery Chain Is Making This Major Change To Its Checkout Lanes
- – This Costco Product Just Beat Out 60+ Others, New Investigation Says
- – 9 Worst Canned Chilis to Always Leave on Grocery Store Shelves