Coca-Cola Just Debuted A New Summer Soda Flavor
One of the most iconic brands in America has been mixing things up in a big way this year. With the launching of new drinks and the discontinuing of others, it's been hard to keep up with all the changes. Most recently, the soda company has put the "pop" in popstar, a move that is the first of its kind in 130 years of selling malted beverages.
Coca-Cola is adding a new strawberry and watermelon drink to its lineup in a collaboration with EDM artist Marshmello. The combination is inspired by the celebrity's favorite flavors and comes as a limited-edition taste for the summer season. This marks the first time Coke has done a co-create with a celebrity, although these types of marketing campaigns have become increasingly popular with brands.
"It was great to collaborate with Coca-Cola on this limited-edition drop," Marshmello says in a post on the company's website. "We created a vibey blend of my favorite flavors in this all-new mix. I think it tastes amazing and I hope fans love it too."
In conjunction with the release, Coca-Cola Creations featured a QR code linked to AI technology interlaced with Marshmello's latest track.
The celebrity collab marks one of many departures from the soft drink giant's usual business. The soda brand has been experimenting with creating mixed cocktails, most recently releasing its Jack Daniel's & Coca-Cola pre-mixed ready-to-drink (RTD) nationwide. It also has plans for a "Fresca Mixed" later this year, which will join Topo Chico Hard Seltzers and Simply Spiked Lemonade, made in partnership with MolsonCoors. Prior to Coke's blending with booze, in February it tried a space-inspired soft drink addition to its roster called Starlight, which reportedly tasted like cotton candy and vanilla.
And lastly, as a major blow for many tea-drinking fans, the company revealed it would be discontinuing its HONEST line, by the end of 2022 after almost 25 years.
More content from Groceries
- – Coca-Cola's Newest Soda Just Launched But The Flavor Remains A Mystery
- – Over 13,000 Pounds of This Popular Frozen Pizza Is Being Recalled Because of a Serious Contamination
- – 5 Non-Dairy Milks To Leave on Grocery Store Shelves Right Now
- – The 6 Worst Frozen Dinners To Stay Away From Right Now
- – Trader Joe's Abruptly Closes This Extremely Popular Store
- – Costco Bakery Has Just Brought Back This Beloved Fall Item
- – 5 Popsicle Brands To Stay Away From Right Now
- – These Kroger Locations Will Soon Offer Gambling