Costco Members Are Worried This Cheese Has Been Discontinued for Good
When your recipe or cheese board calls for Parmigiano-Reggiano, it's simple: Nothing else will do. In fact, the personal passion for parmesan is so hot that this weekend—when one Costco store supervisor reportedly advised a shopper that wedges of the beloved northern Italian cheese have been "deleted" from stock—the news set off a thread of social media commentary. How vocally would you demand your favorite cheese? A couple of these clap-backs are, well, a little sharp.
"Costco removed parmigiano reggiano wedges."
By riot, our read is that this user was being tongue-in-cheek… but the conversation that followed seemed to illustrate that for some, discontinued parmesan appears to be no laughing matter.
A Half-Joke About a Whole Wheel
One user was one of the first to comment on the post, saying, "Stop complaining and just get the cheese wheel. It'll last you for a little while."
Clearly, this was a joke, as the Parmigiano-Reggiano is one of the notoriously most expensive groceries at Costco.
Others Echoed Their Woes
Meanwhile, other users agreed with u/plluviophile's reaction to the case of the disappearing cheese wedges. U/Floodblue said, "Whoa! That was some insanely good cheese! I didn't even check when I was just there because I still had a little left from the last time I bought a wedge. Bummer!"
"This is devastating," said u/the_meatballs.
"Glad I bought one yesterday!" said u/knut8.
So What's Up With the Parmesan Wedges?
The original poster said they "asked a supervisor in store today and he said that the item seems to be deleted."
U/helpful-nothelpful offered, "It's possible they found another supplier with a new item number?"
While a couple others, like u/CeeGeeWhy, suggested everybody keep their cool. "Let's hold off on rioting and see if Costco is going with a new supplier first. With all the disruptions in the supply chain, this might be a temporary issue."
This could be a factor, as Italy has been one of the hardest-hit regions at various phases of the pandemic. U/PM_MeYourAvocados concluded, "It'll be back, just like last time."
If You're Missing the Costco Wedges…
If it seems any of your favorite groceries have vanished, consider hitting us up at [email protected] to tell us your sorrows. Or, here are some alternatives to feast on:
- Costco Just Dropped This Brand-New Bakery Item
- 23 Cozy Soup Recipes That Are Perfect For Weight Loss This Fall
- Walmart Shoppers Are Raving About These 6 Fall Items
Editor's note: Technical choices in user comments were kept to preserve the original quotation.
More content from Groceries
- – 11 Regional Costco Finds Your Location May Be Missing
- – 5 Pastas Made With the Highest Quality Ingredients
- – This Brand-New Purple Fruit Could Land at Your Supermarket Next Year
- – Walmart's Latest Move Will Speed Up Delivery If You Live in These States
- – This New Costco Dessert Is Making Cookie Lovers Swoon
- – 9 Best Seafood Products Shoppers Are Snatching Up at Costco Right Now
- – 6 Canned Soups With the Lowest Quality Ingredients
- – ALDI Has Already Announced the Release Date Of Its Most Anticipated Holiday Item