This Grocery Chain's Produce Is Falling Out of Favor With Customers
Most of the time when you're buying groceries you want a one-stop shop for everything you need, because who has time to go to multiple stores? Unfortunately, some ALDI shoppers are doing just that because one area of the store doesn't live up to their standards.
"I love you ALDI but I'm cheating on you," Reddit user @investgamer started a post recently, detailing their grapples with the apples and problems with the peaches at the low-cost chain. They then discussed that the strawberries, bagged kale, and other produce items are fresher at other grocery stores.
The produce section at ALDI is what you'd likely expect it to be—there are plenty of readily available fresh fruits and vegetables that are allegedly stocked daily. But other ALDI shoppers that commented on the Reddit thread agree that the produce items just don't hold up for very long.
Some compare the quick-to-perish produce at ALDI to higher-quality ones they find at other popular grocery stores, such as Costco.
Still, a few people disagree with this take, adding that the rate at which ALDI replenishes fresh produce is much quicker compared to other supermarkets.
Overall, though, people agree that sometimes shopping at ALDI is easier because the store is smaller and there are fewer options to choose from. But if there's another supermarket nearby, you may find some shoppers hitting up both.
No matter where you get your produce, there are some simple hacks you can follow to enjoy it for a little while longer. Check out the 30 Simple Tricks to Make Your Produce Last Longer!
For news about ALDI and other grocery stores, read these next:
- This Popular Grocery Chain Is Closing More Locations This Month
- 25 Healthiest Snacks You Can Buy at Aldi
- This Popular Aldi Chicken Caused a Food Poisoning Outbreak in 6 States, CDC Says
- This Beloved Candy is Returning to Grocery Store Shelves After 10 Years
To get all the latest grocery store news delivered right to your email inbox every day, sign up for our newsletter!
More content from Groceries
- – 4 Dairy Companies With the Worst Food Quality Practices
- – The Best Costco Backyard BBQ Basics Right Now
- – Costco, Walmart, and Other Stores Just Pulled More of This Peanut Butter From Shelves
- – This Popular Peanut Butter Is Being Recalled Across The U.S.
- – We Tasted 10 Popular Light Beers & This Is the Best
- – 4 Nostalgic Grocery Store Favorites Coming Back Soon
- – Costco Just Brought Back This Beloved Frozen Treat For Summer
- – 5 Major Differences in Costco and Costco Business Center Right Now