Rebel Wilson Reveals She Has Weight Loss Haters On Her Own Team
Rebel Wilson has undeniably had an incredible year for herself. Not only is she the star of a new film being released in 2022 and a first-time children's book author, but she is also entering into the new year with an entirely new mindset on living a healthy life.
Back in 2020, the Australian star set out to lose weight and change her life around. Now, over 75 pounds down, the actress is continually wowing her Instagram followers with her new look. But for Wilson, her transformation was more about her health than her outward appearance.
Wilson recently said (via the Daily Telegraph) that, "it's not about being a certain size or body weight or anything…it's just about loving yourself and loving the journey that you're on."
And even though fans have shown their love and support for Wilson's life change, she's had unexpected pushback as well.
In a recent interview with CNN, Wilson shared about those who weren't as understanding of her decision to get healthy.
"I got a lot of pushback from people on my own team, actually, here in Hollywood," she said in the interview.
When Wilson initially shared her plans with her management team, they expressed confusion behind her decision.
Her management team's pushback is most likely due to the fact that she built her career on playing larger characters.
"I was earning millions of dollars being, you know, the funny fat girl," she said.
In the end, Wilson knew that her health was on the line, so she chose to set out on her weight loss journey.
"I knew deep down inside some of the emotional eating behaviors I was doing were not healthy," she told CNN.
For more celebrity weight loss news, read these next:
- Rebel Wilson Shows Off Astonishing 75-Pound Weight Loss on Beach in Fiji
- Adele Finally Reveals Her 4 Weight Loss Secrets for Shedding 100 Pounds
- 7 Mind-Blowing Weight Loss Transformations
More content from Healthy Eating
- – Eating Habits That Speed Up Belly Fat Loss In Your 60s, Say Dietitians
- – 4 Worst Foods for Back Fat, Say Dietitians
- – The Most Dangerous Ways People Try to Lose Belly Fat, Say Dietitians
- – 5 Eating Habits Dietitians Recommend When Your Crash Diet Fails
- – 7 Eating Habits to Lose Belly Fat and Slow Aging, Say Dietitians
- – 9 Eating Habits for Belly Fat Loss at Any Age
- – 5 Eating Habits Jane Fonda Swears By to Feel Amazing at 84
- – The Best Yogurt Combinations for Faster Weight Loss, Says Science