Rebel Wilson Reveals Another Reason Behind Her 80-Pound Weight Loss
Rebel Wilson shocked fans last year with her weight loss journey. Quite literally– the Internet was going crazy over her Awards night looks and swimsuit pictures. Up until now, the "Pitch Perfect" star credited her transformation to self-care: she focused on herself and her body during the pandemic. However, according to a new interview the star did with PEOPLE, self-care wasn't her only motivation.
In fact, Wilson's care for others– a future family, in particular– fueled her healthy habits. In 2019, the celeb's fertility doctor recommended that she lost weight if she wanted to successfully freeze her eggs. "I was taken aback. I thought, 'Oh God, this guy's so rude.' He was right. I was carrying around a lot of excess weight," Wilson told PEOPLE. "It's almost like I didn't think of my own needs. I thought of a future child's needs that really inspired me to get healthier."
The "Senior Year" star knew that if she took better care of herself, she could better care for a child. But in order to do that, she had to get to the root of her eating habits: "It was about dealing with the emotional issues that caused me to emotionally eat, and that's a process," she told PEOPLE.
Wilson only more recently considered fertility as an option, telling PEOPLE that she would love to have a family with or without a partner. "Any woman who's gone through it, I really relate to," she said in her PEOPLE interview. "It's been an emotional rollercoaster. I don't know how it's going to end. But I'm still young enough to try."
Although the celeb's obviously lost a ton of weight, she still has to work to maintain that same level of self-care and self-love that got her there. This includes incorporating different forms of exercise, eating protein, and allowing room for cheat meals.
Body image will always be important to Wilson, and she's very vocal about it. "There is a societal bias towards what society deems as good-looking. It's not right," she told PEOPLE. "You want to celebrate all body types but I also want to encourage people to be healthy."
Being healthy– for future children and then for herself– continues to be Wilson's #1 priority. You go, girl!
For more on celeb weight loss, check out Raven-Symoné Shares How She Lost 30 Pounds in 3 Months.
More content from Celeb News
- – Stanley Tucci Has the Perfect Gift for Pasta Lovers
- – I Tried Chrissy Teigen's New Baking Mix—and Now I'm a More Confident Baker
- – Is Kathy Hilton's Baked Potato With Caviar Healthy? Here's What a Dietitian Says
- – Healthy Habits Kim Kardashian Swears by To Live Her Best Life at 42
- – James Corden Is "Unbanned" From NYC Restaurant After "Apologizing Profusely" For Rude Behavior
- – The Great British Baking Show Faces Major Backlash Due to This Offensive Episode
- – What the World's Strongest Man Eats in a Day
- – Video Shows Courteney Cox Making the "Greatest Steak of All Time" With Some Unexpected Ingredients