Taco Bell Just Announced More Big Cuts To Its Menu
It's been a summer of changes for Taco Bell's menu. After rumors of the beloved chain cutting the beloved Quesaritos hit the internet in July, fans were understandably upset. Before the news could be confirmed, there was a Change.org petition started to keep it on the menu that ultimately got thousands of signatures. However, a statement released later in the month said Quesaritos will only be available to order in-store from now on.
That same month the chain announced they are removing 12 other items from the menu. Unfortunately, those aren't the only cuts the chain is doing in 2020. Three more menu items are getting the boot soon, according to a new statement. Pico de gallo, shredded chicken, and Mexican Pizza will be taken off the menu on November 5.
That means there's still quite a bit of time to enjoy pico or some Shredded Chicken Soft Tacos, Shredded Chicken Burritos, and Shredded Chicken Quesadilla Melts. The chain says removing Mexican Pizza will help their sustainability efforts. Boxing and packaging for the menu favorite creates over 7 million pounds of paperboard waste a year.
News of more menu cuts are never fun, but Taco bell did announce menu additions as well. Starting September 24, the Dragonfruit Freeze will be available all over the country. Starting November 5, the Chicken Chipotle Melt (a great alternative to shredded chicken), will also be available nationwide. But there's even better news — the marinated grilled chicken, chipotle sauce, and cheddar cheese combo will only be $1!
All the changes this year have been part of the company's attempt to streamline the menu. Doing so allows employees in the restaurant to speed up the operating process inside dining rooms and in drive-thrus. It also means there is room to add new items. Take a look at the Taco Bell menu at your local restaurant, there might be some items the company is quietly testing: like the Quesalupa and Crispy Chicken Wings.
More content from Restaurants
- – The Unhealthiest Ice Creams at Every Major Chain
- – 9 Secrets About Shake Shack That Might Surprise You
- – This Gourmet Burger Chain Is Ramping Up Its Value Deals
- – Select McDonald's Locations Are Bringing Back This Beloved Breakfast Item
- – America's Second-Largest Burger Chain Walks Back Major Expansion Plans
- – The Unhealthiest Restaurant Meals You Should Never Order
- – This Popular Fast Casual Will Lay Off 5% of Its Workforce Due To Slowing Sales
- – The World's Largest Pizza Chain is Closing All Locations in This Country