Starbucks Begins 2020 By Launching All-New Nondairy Beverages
Starbucks is wasting no time in making the most of "new year, new you." It's just a week into 2020 and the coffee giant is already introducing a series of a brand-new beverages. They're entirely nondairy, and—best of all—they're all available today.
The first addition to the menu is the Almondmilk Honey Flat White. To begin, the drink features two ristretto shots (a manner of espresso prep that calls for half the amount of liquid but makes use of the same amount of coffee beans, resulting in highly concentrated jolt of caffeine), and the rest of the drink is simple: a cup of steamed almond milk, plus a few drops of honey.
The second drink is the Coconutmilk Latte, which is more or less exactly what it sounds like: a latte with coconut milk, dressed up with a dash of Cascana sugar.
But lucky customers in the Midwest—which, for Starbucks, means stores in Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri and Wisconsin—are privy to a third new nondairy beverage: the Oatmilk Honey Latte, a traditional oat milk latte complete with a layer of toasted honey on top of the foam. (If that's worth a trek to the world's largest Starbucks, in Chicago, we don't know what is.)
All three new drinks make use of Starbucks' new "Blonde" espresso—a lighter, nuttier varietal on traditional espresso that also happens to have a slightly higher caffeine content. If the news of new lattes doesn't perk you up, this potent stuff very much will. And for more great drinks at the coffee giant, You Can Now Order a Baby Yoda-Inspired Frappuccino Off of Starbucks' Secret Menu.
More content from Restaurants
- – This Sandwich Chain Has Gone From Struggling To Growing With 19 New Locations
- – 4 Once-Favorite Pizza Chains in America That Went Out of Business
- – Taco Bell Will Bring Back One Highly Requested Discontinued Item—and You Get To Choose Which One
- – America's Largest Sandwich Chain Is Facing a Shortage of This Menu Staple, Insiders Claim
- – These Struggling Pizza Chains Are on a Major Rebound
- – Best Starbucks Fall Drinks to Order Right Now (& Which to Skip)
- – Are PSLs Dying? I Wanted to Try 5, but Could Only Find These 3
- – 8 Chefs' Tips for Ordering the Best Meal at a Steakhouse